We're passionate about creating races that give our participants an unforgettable emotional experience from start to finish. Join the movement by running with RAM Racing.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE,
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNITY & CONSENT AGREEMENT
IT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE PARTICIPANT (AND PARTICIPANT'S PARENT(S)/GUARDIAN(S), IF APPLICABLE) TO EXEMPT, WAIVE AND RELIEVE RELEASEES FROM LIABILITY, INCLUDING IF CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, INCLUDING THE NEGLIGENCE, IF ANY, OF ANY RELEASEES.
"Releasees" include RUNNING AWAY ENTERPRISES, LLC d/b/a RAM Racing, its affiliate associations, local associations, member teams, event hosts, other participants, coaches, officials, sponsors, advertisers, and each of them, their officers, directors, agents and employees.
1. For and in consideration of the Participant's registration with Releasees, its affiliates, local associations and member teams and being allowed to participate in Releasees events and related activities, Participant (and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of Participant, if applicable) waives, releases and relinquishes any and all claims for liability and cause(s) of action, including for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to Participant, arising out of participation in Releasees events, member team activities, the sport of running, and/or activities incidental thereto, whenever or however they occur and for such period said activities may continue, and by this agreement any such claims, rights, and causes of action that Participant (and Participant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if applicable) may have are hereby waived, released and relinquished, and Participant (and parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) does(do) so on behalf of my/our and Participant's heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
2. Participant (and Participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledges, understands and assumes all risks relating to running, multi-sport and any related activities, and understands that running, multi-sport and related activities involve risks to Participant's person including bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death, and damages which may arise therefrom and that I/we have full knowledge of said risks. These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the Participant or the negligence of others, including the "Releasees" identified above. Participant (and Participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) further acknowledges that there may be risks and dangers not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. Participant (and Participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge, understand and agree that all of the risks and dangers described throughout this agreement, including those caused by the negligence of Participant and/or others, are included within the waiver, release and relinquishment described herein.
3. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledges, understands and assumes the risks, if any, arising from the conditions and use of the RAM Racing Events, related premises and acknowledges and understands that included within the scope of this waiver and release is any cause of action (including any cause of action based on negligence) arising from the performance, or failure to perform maintenance, inspection, supervision or control of said areas and for the failure to warn of dangerous conditions existing at said RAM Racing Events, for negligent selection of certain Releasees, or negligent supervision or instruction by any Releasee.
4. BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION. As a condition of registration, Participant (and Participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) agrees to all of these terms and conditions, including this paragraph. “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between Participant and Releasees regarding any issue whether based in contract, regulation, ordinance, statute, tort (including, but not limited to negligence fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent, or inducement), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this paragraph. “Dispute” is to be given the broadest and widest possible meaning. Participant agrees to seek resolution of the Dispute in accordance with the terms of this paragraph, and not litigate any Dispute in court, except as provided herein. Arbitration means that the Dispute will be resolved by a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury.
(a) PARTICIPANT AND RELEASEES AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM FILED BY PARTICIPANT OR BY RELEASEES IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS PARAGRAPH.
(b) CLASS ACTION WAIVER. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION, UNLESS BOTH PARTICIPANT AND RELEASEES SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO DO SO IN WRITING FOLLOWING INITIATION OF THE ARBITRATION.
(c) Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. If Participant or Releasees elect to proceed with arbitration, the party initiating the arbitration proceeding may initiate it only with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The terms of this paragraph govern in the event they conflict with the rules of the arbitration organization selected by the parties.
(d) Arbitration Procedures. The Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, applicable federal or state law may also apply to the substance of any Disputes. For claims of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (“Supplementary Procedures”) shall apply including the schedule of arbitration fees set forth in Section C-8 of the Supplementary Procedures; for claims over $75,000, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and relevant fee schedules for non-class action proceedings shall apply. The arbitrator will make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award will be binding and final, excerpt for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
(e) The arbitration will take place in Chicago, Illinois USA. Illinois law will govern all disputes, without regard to conflict of law principles.
(f) If any clause within this paragraph 4, except 4(b), is found to be unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this paragraph, and the remainder will be given full force and effect. If 4(b) clause is found to be unenforceable, this entire paragraph 14 will be unenforceable, and the dispute will be decided by a court in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Participant and Releasees agree to waive in that instance, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
(g) This Section 4 shall survive any termination of these terms and conditions, or Participants relationship with the Releasees.
5. As further consideration for registration and participation in Releasees, Participant (and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of participant, if applicable), hereby (1) consents and agrees that Releasees, its licensees and designees may make video and/or audio recordings of and/or otherwise film, photograph or memorialize some or all of Participant's participation in such events and activities, and (2) grants to Releasees, its licensees, designees, successors and assigns, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable and sublicenseable right and license to use, copy and disseminate Participant's image and personal attributes, and to modify and present same in any form, manner and media, now known or hereafter devised, for any purpose whatsoever.
6. Biometric Information. Your biometric identifiers and information, including a scan of Participant’s face, will be collected, stored and used by the Releasees for the purpose of identifying image matches within photographs. Participant’s biometric identifiers and information will not be disclosed by the Releasees without your consent unless the disclosure is required by law or by subpoena. Your biometric identifiers and information will be permanently deleted from the Releasees’s systems no later than three years after Participant’s last registration for an event and/or Participant’s last use of Releasees’s website. A copy of Releasees’s Biometric Information Security Policy is available upon request and the Releasees’s website at the following address: https://ramraces.enmotive.com/bipa. Participant agrees and consents to the Releasees’s collection, use, and storage of Participant’s biometric identifiers and information for the above defined purpose.
7. Participant (and Participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) agree if any claim for Participant's personal injury or wrongful death is commenced against any Releasee, he/she shall defend, indemnify and save harmless Releasees from any and all claims or causes of action by whomever or wherever made or presented for Participant's personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death.
8. Participant (and Participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge that they have been provided and have read the above paragraphs and have not relied upon any representations of Releasees, that they are fully advised of the potential dangers of running, multi-sport and any related activities and that they agree to and execute this document voluntarily.
9. If the law in any controlling jurisdiction renders any part of this agreement unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall nevertheless remain enforceable to the full extent, if any, allowed by controlling law. This agreement affects your legal rights, and Participant may wish to consult an attorney concerning this agreement.
WARNING: READ CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND DEPRIVES YOU OF THE RIGHT TO SUE USA TRIATHLON AND OTHER PARTIES. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY,
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of USA Triathlon (“USAT”) allowing me to participate in any USAT sanctioned event (the “Event” or “Events”) as either a member of USAT or through the issuance of a single event license or permit; I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”).
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (ii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event.
2. I understand and acknowledge the physical and mental rigors associated with triathlon, duathlon, or other multi-sport events, and realize that running, bicycling, swimming and other portions of such Events are inherently dangerous and represent an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course conditions; water, road and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the acts, inaction or negligence of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in the Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competitive Rules adopted by USAT and the Guide to Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods of Doping adopted by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. I also accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: USAT, the Event Owners, Organizers and Promoters, Race Directors, other participants in the sanctioned event, Sponsors, Advertisers, Host Cities, United States Olympic Committee (USOC), Local Organizing Committees, Venues and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place, Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event Organizers”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
5. All matters contained within this waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Colorado.
I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the minor, my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
I understand there are NO REFUNDS, transfers or deferrals.
I understand that NO strollers or dogs are allowed on the course.